We’re expanding our services this year, so now need additional team members to work (full or part time) in our office in Albury, near Guildford. We are looking for people who share our commitment to great customer service and attention to detail.
Holidays Manager, Worldwide
Full or Part Time
This is a superb opportunity for a passionate and knowledgeable Holidays Manager to join an expanding Tour Operator.
In this exciting and varied role, you will work alongside the Holidays by Steam team. It could be full or part-time, working flexibly to suit you and the peaks and troughs of the hospitality and events world. You would be required to work from the office at least once a week for meetings and training.
The tasks will include but not be limited to:
- sourcing and booking hotel rooms and negotiating the accommodation and dining packages
- allocating rooms (as per guest requirements)
- organising excursions
- assisting with creating marketing brochures and souvenir guides
- controlling budgets
- creating detailed staff and passenger itineraries
- booking transfers
- briefing and managing staff/hosts/luggage couriers
- hosting the holidays, alongside the holidays team
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience of hospitality, travel/event management or hotels is essential
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Commitment to great customer service
- Comfortable using MS Word and Excel
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who thrives under pressure and wants the challenge of a busy role, with the chance to travel and research a range of destinations, but would also like the flexibility to work from home from time to time.
About the company, The Steam Dreams Rail Co.
We run 50 charter steam trains and 4 holidays by steam every year and we couldn’t do that without some seriously talented people. We have a team of staff who are passionate about running steam trains on the main line and providing great days out and holidays to our passengers.
We’re a small team, so everyone turns their hand to a variety of tasks; from taking bookings and general admin, from marketing to finance, we all throw ourselves in with energy and enthusiasm. We have car parking at our offices in Albury (there are local buses, but most choose to drive) with a small shop, post office and lovely pub nearby.
If you want to apply for the Holidays Manager role, please make this clear on your application, and tell us about your event management/hospitality experience. If you’d like to help in reservations or on the train and share our commitment to great customer service and attention to detail, feel free to apply too. You’ve got nothing to lose, so send your application in now and you never know, we might ask you to join the Steam Dreams team!
We are currently looking to recruit a Booking Agent to work with our reservations team, assisting with a range of administrative tasks associated with steam train day trips and holidays.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries from customers
- Making reservations on bespoke software system
- Processing payments and refunds
- Day-to-day administration; mailing tickets and customer correspondence
- Updating the mailing list/database and sending brochures out to interested parties
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Team player
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills
- Experience working in a customer-facing environment, or in the travel sector desired but not essential
As with any small business, the duties and responsibilities in this job description are intended to be indicative but not exhaustive of the responsibilities of the postholder. There are lots of opportunities to take on additional responsibilities and the requirements of the job may develop and change.