-Competition Now Closed-
The Steam Dreams Rail Co. have announced a new itinerary this year – starting out from Alton and Alresford to take locals on a wonderful day out by steam train to either the Salisbury Christmas Market or Sherborne for Carols, and you too could be on board! We’ve teamed up with The Watercress Line to offer one lucky winner a pair of Premier Dining tickets for this fabulous festive trip, worth £418*.
On Monday 17 December, the lucky winners will board the train at a station of their choice including Alresford, Alton, Farnham, Guildford, Petersfield or Salisbury and will be served a champagne brunch, as the train, hauled by vintage diesel locomotive, makes its way through the rolling hills of Hampshire and Wiltshire on its way to Dorset.
The train will pull into medieval Salisbury at 13:00 where passengers may choose to alight and enjoy some time to explore the Christmas Market, now in its 7th year. Alternatively the winners can choose to stay on the train for the journey along the Nadder Valley, through an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty to Sherborne.
The winners will have time to explore this beautiful town or enjoy an atmospheric carol service at the famous Abbey, before rejoining the train at around 17:50 to enjoy a delicious dinner on the journey home, before arriving back at their starting station in the late evening.
Tickets for this spectacular journey are available in all four classes, ranging from £109 per person in Premium Standard through to the top class of Pullman Style Dining of £269 per person.
For more information, call the Booking Office on 01483 209888 or visit www.Steam Dreams.co.uk.
How to enter
To be in with a chance of winning two Premier Dining tickets worth £209 each, please answer the question below and add your name and email address.
(Your email is so we can contact the winner and will NOT be shared)
-Competition Now Closed-
Find out more about the trip:
Competition closes at midday on Friday 16 November.
*Please see below for full trip information and our competition Terms and Conditions.
Steam Dreams Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The prize is 2 x Premier Dining tickets worth up to £209 each on the Steam Dreams trip to Sherborne on Monday 17 December 2018
2. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable
3. The times stated are subject to change. Final times will be released by Network Rail 2-3 days prior to the trip and will be listed on the Steam Dreams website http://www.SteamDreams.co.uk
4. Tickets will usually be sent out to the winner by email 3-4 days prior to the trip
5. Should the trip be cancelled for any reason, the winner will be offered tickets to the same value for an alternative trip
6. Steam Dreams reserves the right to change locomotives, destinations or routes to facilitate the completion of the tour
7. The Steam Dreams chef is happy to cater for specific diets. Should the winner have special dietary requirements they should notify Steam Dreams up to one week before travel. We try our best to cater for allergies or severe dislikes of some foods, but cannot guarantee that all our food will be totally nut, garlic or gluten free as it is prepared in kitchens where traces of nuts, garlic and flour may be found.