The Steam Dreams Rail Co. have announced a new itinerary this year – starting out from Alton and Alresford to take locals on a scenic railway journey to Exeter and Paignton, and you too could be on board! We’ve teamed up with The Watercress Line to offer one lucky winner a pair of Premier Dining tickets for this fabulous summer trip, worth £398*.
On Thursday 16 August, the lucky winners will board the train at a station of their choice including Alresford, Alton, Farnham, Guildford, Petersfield or Salisbury and will be served a champagne brunch, as the train, hauled by vintage diesel locomotive, makes its way through the rolling hills of Hampshire and Wiltshire on its way to Devon.
The train will pull into historic Exeter at 13:00 where passengers may choose to alight for an extended stay. Alternatively the winners can choose to stay on the train for the spectacular journey along the Exe Estuary and the Dawlish Sea Wall, as the train hugs the coast all the way down to Paignton.
The winners will have time to visit the beach or travel along the scenic 6.7 mile long Paignton & Dartmouth Steam Railway before rejoining the train at around 17:00 to enjoy a delicious four course dinner on the journey home, before arriving back at their starting station in the late evening.
Tickets for this spectacular journey are available in all four classes, ranging from £99 per person in Premium Standard through to the top class of Pullman Style Dining of £259 per person.
For more information, call the Booking Office on 01483 209888 or visit www.Steam Dreams.co.uk.
How to enter
To be in with a chance of winning two Premier Dining tickets worth £199 each, please answer the question below and add your name and email address.
(Your email is so we can contact the winner and will NOT be shared)
Find out more about the trip:
Competition closes at midday on Friday 10 August.
*Please see below for full trip information and our competition Terms and Conditions.
Steam Dreams Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The prize is 2 x Premier Dining tickets worth up to £199 each on The Cathedrals Express trip to Paignton on Thursday 16 August 2018
2. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable
3. The times stated are subject to change. Final times will be released by Network Rail 2-3 days prior to the trip and will be listed on the Steam Dreams website http://www.SteamDreams.co.uk
4. Tickets will usually be sent out to the winner by email 3-4 days prior to the trip
5. Should the trip be cancelled for any reason, the winner will be offered tickets to the same value for an alternative trip
6. Steam Dreams reserves the right to change locomotives, destinations or routes to facilitate the completion of the tour
7. The Steam Dreams chef is happy to cater for specific diets. Should the winner have special dietary requirements they should notify Steam Dreams up to one week before travel. We try our best to cater for allergies or severe dislikes of some foods, but cannot guarantee that all our food will be totally nut, garlic or gluten free as it is prepared in kitchens where traces of nuts, garlic and flour may be found.